We invite your child to get the most valuable educational experience from Wonderful Virginia Academy – where we provide the best childcare in Woodbridge, Virginia.
We are happy to offer Affordable Child Care in Woodbridge:
We believe that without a doubt, the early years – from birth to kindergarten –comprise the most extraordinary period of development in a child’s lifetime. Our program is using Milestones Child Development. It is Virginia’s Early Childhood Development Alignment Project. Curriculum goals and objectives guide teachers’ ongoing assessment of children’s progress. The curriculum guides teachers to integrate assessment information with curriculum goals to support individualized learning.
Our program wants to insure that each child is given an equal opportunity to develop. These areas include:
- Approaches to Learning — the inclinations, dispositions, attitudes, habits, and styles that reflect the many ways that children involve themselves in learning.
- Social and Emotional Development — includes systematic changes in social relationships, self-perceptions, and understanding and managing or regulating emotions in both personal and social contexts.
- Language and Literacy — the meaning and structure of words and sentences, how to use words to convey meaning, and how to understand and use printed materials.
- Cognition and General Knowledge — the acquisition of information and understanding about basic concepts, natural phenomena, and social interactions and functions.
- Physical Development and Health — Healthy physical development occurs along a relatively predictable sequence, with good health practices fostering the knowledge and skills needed to thrive physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially.
- Fine Arts — includes the dance arts, music, theatre arts, and visual arts through which young children develop independence, self-esteem, and self-expression and through which they integrate other domains, such as mathematics, science, cultural histories, language, and social cooperation.